Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: 11.1 compression@8lbs JRSC(B18c1)

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Racing Hartless's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 14th, 2001
    Posts
    34
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    I got a shop to sponsor me and he has a dyno which is good. I need to order pistons for my b18c1. 11.0:1 with Hondata or AEM sound good or should I stick to stock compression? It will be well tuned either way. Usefull input will be appreciated. Thanks

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Racing Hartless's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 14th, 2001
    Posts
    34
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    JR Civic gave me the go ahead so I guess thats a good sign. [img]wink.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member SuperTeg's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 22nd, 2001
    Posts
    328
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Im very interested in the results. Please post them once you are through. With a good fuel curve, I bet you'll see good gains.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Racing Hartless's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 14th, 2001
    Posts
    34
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I hope so too. I will post when complete.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Racing Hartless's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 14th, 2001
    Posts
    34
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Im at 10:1 compression now. Did you have engine management at the time?

  6. #6
    Inactive Member BoostedEX's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 20th, 2000
    Posts
    759
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    My current setup yields 10:4 CR with 9 psi... BUT I have one hell of a tuner in JRCivic [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

    It's ALL in the tuning.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Racing Hartless's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 14th, 2001
    Posts
    34
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Boosted, what would your 1/4 mile times equate to?

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Marc's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 11th, 1999
    Posts
    795
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by BoostedEX:

    It's ALL in the tuning.
    </font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

    and the gasoline you run. If you can only get 91-92 octane, I don't recommend that setup.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member BoostedEX's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 20th, 2000
    Posts
    759
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    RacingHartless: My times roughly equal a low 14 sec 1/4 mile: 14.0-14.1.

    Marc: You're absolutely right! I forgot to add that I use 93 Octane ALL the time hehehe.......

  10. #10
    Inactive Member austrian type-R's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2000
    Posts
    604
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    We was tuning with a Haltech e6k ECU.

    IMO not worth the 10whp going from 10:1 to 11:1. All the work and hassels you have. Also the 10:1 engine run more healthy with 8psi than with 11:1.

    I think my engine was weak already, cause I drove the hell out of it within 1 year boosting 5.5psi. 2 hour runs in 5th gear boosting all the time and doin 130 - 150 mph on the German Autobahn and stuff like this.

    My old charger is running on a B18C1 engine boosting 5.5 psi and making 182whp. Only with cartech FMU and 310cc injectors, all STOCK! No bad numbers IMO, only on 5.5psi.

    Yup, JRcivic can teach some other guys a tuning lesson.

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ July 17, 2002 09:49 AM: Message edited by: austrian type-R ]</font>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •